Chocolate Tasting and Demonstration: From Bean to Bonbon
Join Artisan Confections Owner Jason Andelman for an evening of chocolate tasting, demonstration, and discussion of all-things chocolate. In this special event hosted at our Arlington workshop, you’ll have the opportunity to discover the artistry involved in transforming the humble cocoa bean into your favorite Artisan Confections bonbon. Ever wondered how cocoa beans are harvested and processed into the chocolate you crave? What is ganache or the difference between white, milk, and dark chocolate? How we create the beautiful designs on our bonbons? Which chocolates pair best with certain flavors? Come prepared to have all your chocolate-related questions answered and observe the tools and techniques our chocolatiers use to handcraft the confections. An evening centered on chocolate wouldn’t be complete without tasting the nuances for yourself. We’ll be sampling a variety of chocolates and several of our signature bonbons. Learn what makes premium Valrhona chocolate the perfect medium for our confections. Additionally, enjoy a 20% discount on purchases immediately following the event. Space is limited, so gather your fellow chocolate lovers and register now to reserve your place.
Dates: 10/18 (Tues); 11/1 (Tues); 11/17 (Thurs); 12/1 (Thurs)
Time: 7 PM – 8:15 PM
Location: Artisan Confections, 1025 N. Fillmore Street, Suite H, Arlington, VA 22201.
Minimum Age: 13 years old
Registration:Tickets are available for purchase via Eventbrite here and are non-refundable.
* Should you be unable to attend, tickets are transferable or may be used for credit in one of our retail shops.
* Please note this event is NOT hands-on.
* This event is a standing event. However, there will be limited number of seats for guests who need seating.
* We are located just a few blocks from the Clarendon Metro Station.
* Limited, free street parking is available after 6 PM.
* All purchases in-store following the event will be 20% off.